As we are getting closer to celebrate the 91st year of the Turkish Republic on the evening ofSaturday, November 1st, 2014 at the Scottish Cultural Centre, we wanted to give you more information about the event.
We have planned a fun and memorable evening filled with Turkish culture, art, live music and delicious Turkish food from Lara Cuisine. This year there will be a raffle and a silent auction. We hope that you will participate in both to help raise funds for the society. Due to Provincial regulations, participants in games of chance must be at least 19 years of age to play. Please remember to play responsibly.
Many thanks to our sponsors without whom this event would not be possible. We have already shared a list of some of our supporters. Below is an alphabetical list of the generous sponsors who contributed many gifts and prizes for our silent auction and raffle.
- Arc’teryx (www.arcteryx.com) – Provided by Egemen Izci
- Black Sea Hotel, Penticton (www.blackseamotel.com)
- Boston Pizza (www.bostonpizza.com)
- Chara Berk Photography (www.charaberkphotography.com) – Provided by Cagri Berk
- Donnelly Group (http://donnellygroup.ca)
- Evolve Nurturing Vitality (www.evolvevitality.com)
- The Grand Hotel, Nanaimo (www.thegrandhotelnanaimo.ca)
- Lori Main – Main Energy (www.mainenergy.ca)
- Mavi Jeans (http://ca.mavi.com)
- Mediterranean Specialty Foods (1824 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, BC)
- Starbucks (www.starbucks.ca)
- The Woodrun Resort Whistler – Provided by Heritage Office Furnishings / One Day Holding(www.herigateoffice.com)
We encourage you to support these community-minded individuals and organizations that have supported us.
As we get closer to this celebration, we will be releasing more details of the event in further newsletters. In the meantime, don’t wait until October 15th to purchase your tickets, as 40% of the tickets are sold already.
Tickets: online or from our ticket volunteers.
Turkish Canadian Society